How to Solve Baby Crying






Isn't it frustrating that your new born baby won't stop crying? Sometimes I'll doubt that was it something that made my baby uncomfortable? Is the weather or the bed? Or is it my parenting skills aren't that good?  These questions go on and on around my head! Don't worry, I've been there too. Here are some handful tips that'll help soothe a crying baby. 

Well well, first of all, there are some common reasons that babies cry about:

1. Dirty diaper




Always check their diaper first! Whether its a poo poo or pee pee, babies will feel uncomfortable on their fragile skin. Changing their diapers will keep them happy, and also you'll get to interact with them! 


2. Hunger

Close up of  feeding  baby

Is it time to feed them? Are they hungry again? Its normal that the new born gets hungry easily. Here are some signs if your baby is hungry already!

 A hunger cry is usually short and low-pitch (from my observation). And baby tends to suck their fists and touch their lips when they're hungry. One thing for sure that my baby is hungry is that cheeky smile every time I feed her. By research, babies older than 4 months will show their interests in eating by smiling at you while you feed them! 


3. Environment causes (Noise or hot weather)

Should you hush that white noise? | Science News

Shh.. Never wake up a sleeping baby! Try to keep the volume down while your baby is sleeping. You can also turn off or deem the lights. Babies can be overstimulated with the noise and lights around us. Newborns are used to quiet, dark confines of the womb. So deem out the lights can calm them down. 

If your baby is sweating and shows heat rashes on their skin, she/ he may be feeling hot. Try to turn on the fan or air conditioner for a while. I know, I know, living in this tropical climate, having a nap without the air conditioner is hard sometimes. Alternatively, you could always change their clothes into the cotton ones. Some non-breathable clothing material like polyester may cause them to feel bother on their skin.

4. Pain or illness ( itch, rashes )
Mosquito bites: Symptoms, complications, and prevention


One of my largest issue throughout the motherhood, mosquitoes! You know, I always want 100% natural and safe items to be used around my baby. Instead of insects repellent, I use Lemongrass Essential Oil. Its really really effective! I add 2 drops of Lemongrass essential oil into my diffuser every time my baby sleeps. The smell is extremely calming and keeps the mosquitoes away. You should try this method out too!

 

5. Gas

Infant Massage as a Catalyst for Compassion & Healthy Relationships

Babies getting gassy is all normal. Gas happens when air gets into the digestive tract. It happens when baby sucks on a bottle and swallows air in certain drink positions. Burping baby after milk is a must to release the gasses in the stomach. I usually notice my baby if she gets gassy, she'll lift her legs or arch and move her back around. I'll use some herbal massage oil to give her a lil massage on her stomach, you'll see instant effects!
 

6. Emotions and tiredness ( Sleepiness, lonely, fear)

How To Recognise When Your Baby Is Tired - Netmums


Well, if its none of all above, the reason why baby cries is due to their emotions! Does your baby got enough of sleep? Sometimes baby cries because they are sleepy and wants to be put down to bed! Other than that, they cry because they want your presence, baby feels lonely too! If you leave your baby in the room alone for too long, they may feel scared and lonely. Try playing some baby musics for them! You can also wrap the baby to resemble the mother's womb for newborns. 


If you guys have handy tips to share, let me know the comments below! Appreciate that! 
 


Comments

Popular Posts